H.B.P. Mahajan Charitable Trust, Nagpur
Name of College: Vivekanand Kanya Mahavidyalaya
Name of Trust: H.B.P. Mahajan Charitable Trust, Nagpur
Office: 268, Gurudeo Nagar, Nandanwan Road,
Ph.No.: 0712-2712108 Fax: 0712-2712108
Background of Promoter Organization:
The H.B.P. Mahajan Charitable Trust, Nagpur is registered with Registrar of Society, Nagpur under Section 29 of Trust Act, 1950 with Registration No.E-2090 (Nagpur) Dated 27.11.2007. Its activities since its inception with specific emphasis on social, charitable, education activities alongwith list of major activities undertaken.
Activities of the Promoting Body:
Trustees of H.B.P. Mahajan Charitable Trust, Nagpur
Prof. Pravin Charde (M.Sc., Ph.D., FICER; FISSJ, FASEA)
He lives in Ramkrushna Math, Dhantoli, Nagpur during his M.Sc. in the year 1984-86. There he came across with social and spiritual background.
From 20 years, he worked as Ornithologist and got two projects from UGC, New Delhi on birds. For this study he visited number of times to Seoni District nearby Vainganga River. Then he came to know regarding social, educational and economy status of people of that area through Grampanchayat.
He decided to form a Trust on his Late father’s name H.B.P. Mahajan Charitable Trust in the year 2007 and decided to establish one institution for Higher Education Study in rural area like Kewlari Tahsil and his work start.
For Biodiversity study, he also a technical member of Raj Bhawan Biodiversity Park in last three years and for his contribution he awarded with the hands of Hon’ble Government, Maharashtra State.
He is also a member of International Zoo and Biodiversity Park Gorewada, Nagpur.
He published more than 60 papers including International and National, written two books namely Water – The Elixir of Life and Bird Feather Science (Biotechnology book).
Under his supervision, seven students awarded Ph.D. During his tenure as Principal of Sevadal Mahila Mahavidyalaya and Research Academy reaccredited with ‘A’ Grade by NAAC, Bangalore.
CHAIRAMAN – Mr. Nageshwar Shriram Madankar
SECRETARY – Mr. Virendra Khushalchand Vairagade
TREASURER – Mr. Pramod S. Raut
Legal Advisor – Mr. Sohail Zaki Anwar
Mission of Trust:
- For the upliftment of economically backward class and downtrodden and also development of general public Trust has decided to establish and run Pharmacy College.
- To make available various types of literature to the general public by establishing big public library.
- To establish and run hostels so rehabilitation centres, child-homes, orphanage, bal-sadan, hostel for employees, study houses, to implement programmes for child and woman development and for the development of backward class, tribal people, for homeless, helpless, handicapped and poor people’s educational, social and cultural development.
- To establish and run Pharmacy College, Medical College, Agriculture School/ College, Teachers Training School, Polytechnic College, Engineering College, Law College etc., for imparting higher education to students in the society.
- For development of poor people and public in general, guidance centres will be established and to make efforts to solve difficulties faced by them, to guide people about various programmes and schemes of Central and State Governments Social Welfare Department and child development projects, to run various schemes and programmes started by Social Welfare Board for making financial, educational and social development of economically weaker section and women in society.
- To implement various types of schemes and programmes in different faculties for the students (in India and abroad) by affiliation to the different Educational Institutions and Universities.