BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
most popular academic degree courses among the science students after class 12th The duration of B.Sc. degree course ranges from 3 years to 5 years, depending upon the country in which you are studying for eg. In India the course is generally of 3 years whereas in Argentina the course duration is 5 years.
The B.Sc. degree course is a graduate degree course in science this can be a part-time or full-time course. This course forms the basis of science and comprises of the subjects like physics, chemistry, biology, zoology and mathematics.
With the advancements in the area of science and technology, this programme has become a one of the highly studied degree course in the Institutions of India.
After the completion of the B.Sc degree there are various options available for the science students, they can go for master degree in Science i.e. M.Sc, go in a research area and can even look for professional job oriented courses. Often, in some reputed universities or
Courses & Duration
There are a wide range of courses available for the students in the Science stream. The students may go for a plain B.Sc or he might choose B.Sc. (honors). The students who are interested in the computer and information technology field can go for B.Sc. (computer sciences /IT).
Students who have an academic background of science at 10+2 level, they can pursue B.Sc programme in various branches.
Courses & Duration
The B.Sc. degree course is classified in to two categories as mentioned below:
Simple B.Sc. Course: These courses include the traditional B.Sc. courses. These are mentioned below:
B.Sc. (Home Science
- The admission to the various B.Sc. courses are done on the basis of qualifying class 12th examinations in (PCM/B ) stream.
Candidates must have passed/appearing in the class 12th can apply for the B.Sc programmes as per their choice and preference.
- The admission to the B.Sc courses is based on Class 12th percentage. Some universities also conduct their entrance exam for admission
Some professional B.Sc. courses like fashion technology, interior design, multimedia, animation allow the students of other stream (other than science) to take admission.
There are various colleges which offer 3 to 5 years Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) programme. Each college has different admission procedure for this programme. They give admission on the basis of the merit of Class 12th.
Some public and private college also conducts examinations for the admission to various B.Sc. degree courses.
Books & Study Materials
- Basic Physical Chemistry, A Complete Introductiaon on Bachelor of Science Level by Dr Wolfgang Schärtl
- B.Sc. Physics Practical – I by Agrawal, Jain & Sharma
- Mathematics for Degree Students for B.Sc. 1st Year by Mittal P.K.
- Physics for Degree Students B.Sc. First Year by Arora C.L.
- Chemistry for Degree Students by Madan R.L.
- A Textbook of Oscillations, Waves And Acoustics by Dr. D. Bhattacharya & Dr. M. Ghosh
Career & Jobs:
- Just like an academic courses, students who have a B.Sc degree also have an excellent employment opportunities. Jobs for B.Sc graduates are not just restricted in the field of science but also they can explore others areas like management, engineering, law etc.
- After the completion of the B.Sc course, students can work in various areas which include both science & non-science fields.
- The job opportunities available for the students are not only great in terms of salary package, but also a satisfying job experience.